Full Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (the 'Terms and Conditions') prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information. The Promoter is Weetabix Limited, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northants, NN15 5JR (Company Registration Number 00267687).
This promotion is open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland, excluding employees of Weetabix Limited, its agents and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion and their respective immediate families. Entrants aged 18 years or over at the date of entry can enter themselves. Parents or guardians can enter on behalf of under 18 year olds. Where parents or guardians enter on behalf of a minor they warrant to the Promoter that they assume responsibility for compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Promotional Period:
Soft Toy: The promotion to win 1 of 2,004 Weetabuddy soft toys, during 6 promotional periods, commences at 00:01 GMT on 1 January 2017 and closes at 23:59 on 31 December 2017. Star Prize: The Star Prize to see your Weetabuddy creation featuring on a TV advertisement also commences at 00:01 GMT on 1 January 2017 but closes earlier at 23:59 on 12 June 2017 and only runs across 3 promotional periods. (Together, 'the Promotion'.)
When submitting your entry, you will have the opportunity to win a Weetabuddy soft toy and the Star Prize, whilst the Star Prize is still available to be won.
3. To enter the Promotion:
Purchase a pack of Weetabix and using a Weetabix biscuit and any kitchen ingredients, entrants must decorate a face on the Weetabix biscuit to create a 'Weetabuddy'. Entrants will then need to take a picture of their Weetabuddy and upload it on to the microsite weetabuddies.com along with a name and description (max 240 characters) of their Weetabuddy. The initial promotional period will run between 00:01 on 1 January 2017 and 23:59 on 28 February 2017. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
4. Following this initial promotional period, there will be a further 5 promotional periods, some of which will have themes, during which entrants may submit (or re-submit) a Weetabuddy creation that is relevant to the specified theme, using the method stated above, for another opportunity to win.
5. The subsequent promotional periods are:
a. From 00:01 on 01 March 2017 to 23:59 on 17 April 2017
b. From 00:01 on 18 April 2017 to 23:59 on 12 June 2017
Further themed promotional periods are:
c. Special theme to be announced: from 00:01 on 13 June 2017 to 23:59 on 17 September 2017
d. Spooky: from 00:01 on 18 September 2017 to 23:59 on 31 October 2017
e. Festive: from 00:01 on 01 November 2017 to 23:59 on 31 December 2017
All times are local time in UK.
6. Entry Instructions:
Entrants must have an internet connection to enter the Promotion.
7. Only one entry is permitted per day, per household.
8. Entrants will be required to submit a unique email address when entering the Promotion. Only one email address will be accepted per household. Any unsuitable images/entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will be disqualified.
9. When uploading please take a clear picture, any blurred images will score less.
10. Entries cannot:
a. Contain more than 3 Weetabix biscuits in a bowl;
b. Be violent, negative and/or discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or obscene;
c. Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
d. Be offensive or be about hate;
e. Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products or other people, products or companies;
f. Contain trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as licence plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses, unless the Promotor confirms otherwise in any supplemental terms and conditions in relation to this promotion;
g. Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical 'samples') without permission;
h. Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other sign identifying any person, living or dead, including the entrant;
i. Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Promoter wishes to associate; or
j. Depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
11. Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
12. Entries will be automatically reviewed and moderated for content before being judged (in order to exclude entries which do not comply with the criteria set out at section 10 of these Terms and Conditions), however such review does not relieve you from responsibility for compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Any entry that is found, at any time, not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this promotion and no correspondence will be entered into. The entrant will not be notified via email if their entry is rejected or disqualified and due to the number of anticipated entries we will not be able to provide any further information.
13. Eligible entries will be displayed in the gallery at weetabuddies.com.
14. The entrant consents to the display of the created Weetabuddy on the website gallery along with the entrant's first name and age. In the case of an entry made on behalf of an under 18 year old the parent or guardian making the entry consents to the display of the created Weetabuddy on the website gallery along with the minor's first name and age.
15. Entries displayed in the gallery may be shared by anyone on any social media but the Promotion is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. Participants acknowledge that any social media platform shall not have any liability to them in connection with the Promotion.
16. Entries and winning entries may be used to promote the campaign on social media (Weetabix Facebook and Twitter accounts) and/or the main Weetabix website (Weetabix.co.uk) and/or Weetabuddies website (weetabuddies.com).
17. Star Prize
- There is 1 Star Prize of the winner's Weetabuddy creation being recreated by a food stylist and using a voiceover artist to bring the winning creation to 'life', which will then be featured in a TV advert on the UK feed of Cartoon Network (a channel owned and operated by Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited ('Turner')).
- The opportunity to win the Star Prize commences on 01 January 2017 and closes on 12 June 2017 and runs during the first 3 promotional periods (the initial Weetabuddy period, followed by the next two promotional periods).
- The Star Prize winner will be contacted in advance and notified about the format of the advert and how the winner's Weetabuddy character will feature in it. The final advert will be shared with the winner in advance of it airing on TV and notice will be given of the date and TV show when the advert will be first featured. The Star Prize winner agrees not to share the advert with anyone without Turner's prior consent, which may be withheld.
- The Star Prize winner and his or her parent/guardian will be invited to come to London for the day, on a date to be notified to the Star Prize winner and his or her parent/guardian by Turner falling between 1 July and 31 August 2017, to join the Cartoon Network team at the recording studio (exact location to be confirmed) to help them direct the voiceover artist who will be providing the voice to their Weetabuddy creation. If the Star Prize winner is under 18 years of age they must be accompanied by one parent/guardian. The Star Prize winner and his or her parent/guardian, must be available between 1 July and 31 August 2017 to attend the recording session in London.
- Turner will liaise the Star Prize winner (or with such Star Prize winner's parent/guardian if under 18) to arrange standard class same-day rail or air return travel from the nearest or most appropriate train station or airport from the Star Prize winner's home address to the necessary London location up to a cap of £400 (such sum includes transport for the Star Prize winner's parent/guardian if the Star Prize Winner is under the age of 18). The Star Prize winner (and his or her parent/guardian if under 18) will be required to arrange their own travel from the train station/airport to the venue of the recording session but Turner will reimburse them for their reasonable expenses in doing so provided public road or rail transport is used and valid receipts are provided to Turner on request. If the Star Prize winner is over the age of 18 the Star Prize includes travel to London for such Star Prize winner only.
- The Star Prize will also include lunch at a London restaurant to be confirmed for the Star Prize winner (and his or her parent/guardian if under 18) up to a combined value of £65.
- The trip consists only of the elements expressly set forth herein; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, obtaining a passport or other documents necessary for travel, insurance, meals (except as specified herein), unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Star Prize and all such elements and expenses are the sole responsibility of the Star Prize winner and his or her parent/guardian. The Star Prize winner and his or her parent/guardian are responsible for any additional expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees not included in the standard ticket price, inspection charges, baggage fees and security charges. Once issued, tickets are non-transferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Turner or its designated partner. The Star Prize winner and any accompanying parent/guardian must each hold a current and valid passport and any other relevant travel documentation required for travel. Neither the Promoter nor Turner shall be responsible for any travel-related delays or cancellations.
- Creative direction will be ultimately determined by Turner, although reasonable creative direction taken from the description submitted with the winning entry and during the voiceover recording the winning entry will be considered. For the avoidance of doubt, the scheduling, content and composition of the advert shall be at Turner's sole discretion.
- All costs associated with viewing the advert on TV are excluded from this Promotion or and all other costs, taxes or charges not expressly mentioned in these terms as forming part of a prize are expressly excluded.
- Turner intends to take photographs and/or film and use (but shall not be obliged to use) such photographs and/or video footage of the Star Prize winner (and his or her parent/guardian if under 18) whilst in the recording studio in a promotional spot to be used on air on Turner television channels and on Turner's websites and/or social media channels. The Star Prize winner (and his or her parent/guardian on their behalf if such Star Prize winner is under 18) will therefore be required to complete a release authorising Turner to make such recordings/take such photographs and authorising use of such photographs and/or video footage before travelling to London for the day. Turner will also require the Star Prize winner (and his or her parent/guardian on their behalf if such Star Prize winner is under 18) to sign a release on behalf of the Star Prize winner authorising Turner's use, adaption and publication of the entry in the manner envisaged in these terms.
- All communication will be made with the parent or guardian where the winner is under 18 and it is the parent or guardian's responsibility to relay the information to the child and communicate back on the child's behalf.
18. Soft Toys
- There are also 2,004 Weetabuddy soft toys to be won. For each promotional period 334 winners will be selected via an independent judge.
- Weetabuddy soft toy prize winners may choose their preferred Weetabuddy soft toy (subject to availability) from one of the following: Tropicolin, Coach Banana, Strawbs, Raz-baz and Blue Barry. Estimated sizes of the Weetabuddy soft toys are as follows:
|H X W (cm)|
|Tropicolin:||26 x 17|
|Coach Banana:||23 x 11|
|Blue Barry:||23 x 11|
|Strawbs:||29 x 19|
|Raz Baz:||30 x 19|
Postage and packing costs for the Weetabuddy soft toy are included in the prize.
19. Prizes are limited to a maximum of two prizes per household per promotional period.
20. Entries for the Star Prize and Soft Toys will be subject to automatic review and a moderation process to ensure compliance with the above rules and will then be judged by an independent party against the following criteria:
Judging criteria for entries
21. Initial promotional period and the two subsequent promotional periods: 1 January 2017 – 12 June 2017
a. Being Imaginative: This could be anything from adding unusual/extra features, creating a character with real personality, giving it a funny name, using ingredients in an interesting way.
b. Care & Effort: Taking age into consideration, this should show time spent creating it. Winners should be neat and show that they have taken a lot of care in placing each topping.
c. Taste: Entrants should show they have put thought into the combination of toppings so that they make a delicious Weetabuddy.
d. Health: Entries should demonstrate an effort to use of healthy toppings and should not show more than 3 Weetabix in a bowl at any one time.
22. Further themed promotional periods between: 12 June 2017 – 31 December 2017
a. Will be judged on all of the above criteria, and additionally on:
b. Consistency with theme: Entries should have a clear relevance to the theme specified for that period.
23. The Star Prize will be judged on the above criteria detailed in 21 and the winner will be the entry to score the highest across the Star Prize promotional period. In the event of a tie the judging panel will confer and decide on the merits of each entry to select a winner.
24. The winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the relevant promotional period closing date and will then be required to provide their name, contact telephone number, postal address and preferred Weetabuddy soft toy by replying to the email. Winners must supply their details within 14 days of receiving the email notification. The prizes will be delivered within 35 days from a valid acceptance of the prize. In the event that contact cannot be made with a winner within a further 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and may award that prize to another reserve participant which is selected at the same time as the original winner.
25. Each winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity as may be required by the Promoter in respect of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to publish each winner's entry, name, photograph and county on its website. Turner reserves the right to publish the Star Prize winner's entry, name, photograph and county on its website. By participating in the Promotion the entrants license and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Entrants warrant that the materials contain no third party copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
26. The winners' full names and counties will be available on request by sending a self-addressed envelope to Weetabix Weetabuddies Competition, The Marketing Store, 16 Hatfields, London SE1 8DJ after the final closing date up until the 31 March 2018.
27. Prize content is subject to change, but the Promoter will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. All prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternatives are available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prizes will only be awarded to the winners.
28. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter and/ or Turner, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion, the prizes or these Terms and Conditions at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
29. In the unlikely event of the prizes becoming unavailable, due to circumstances outside the Promoter's control, please allow 70 days for delivery. In this case the Promoter will contact the winners and ensure regular updates.
30. The contact details which the participant provides at the time of entry will be used to verify the postal address to where each winner's prize will be sent, therefore all entrants must ensure they provide valid contact details and are contactable for the duration of the Promotion. The Promoter will not be able to reissue any prizes not awarded due to incomplete or incorrect contact and postal address details.
31. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to: verify the eligibility of any participant (including their age and place of residence); disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Promotion or entering using fraudulent means, or who the Promoter believes to have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions; disqualify participants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf (other than parents or guardians submitting entries on behalf of under 18s); and disqualify any participant posting an entry or a comment to the Promoter's website that is, in the Promoter's opinion, inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other participants, fans of the Promoter or directly aimed at the Promoter, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment.
32. No bulk entries or entries from agents, third parties, syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices are permitted.
33. Any decision of the Promoter in respect of the Promotion is final.
34. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, the Promoter and Turner accept no responsibility or liability for any entry or claim which for technical or other reasons is unsuccessful, incomplete, lost, late, damaged, corrupted or misdirected.
35. To the fullest extent permitted by law, both the Promoter and Turner exclude liability for any losses, damages or claims incurred by any person in connection with the Promotion or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, withdraw, alter or suspend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
38. Any images are an illustrative example and do not show the exact prize(s).
39. By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
40. This Promotion and these Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and if you live in England or Wales you can bring legal proceedings in relation to any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion or these Terms and Conditions in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in relation to any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion or these Terms and Conditions in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in relation to any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion or these Terms and Conditions in either the Northern Irish or the English courts. If you live in the Republic of Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in relation to any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion or these Terms and Conditions in either the Republic of Ireland or the English courts. If you live in the Channel Islands you can bring legal proceedings in relation to any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion or these Terms and Conditions in either courts in the Channel Islands or the English courts. If you live in the Isle of Man you can bring legal proceedings in relation to any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion or these Terms and Conditions in either courts in the Isle of Man or the English courts.